The Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) is a coalition of the elected Governors of the country’s 36 States. It is a non-partisan association which seeks to promote unity, good governance, better understanding and co-operation among the States and ensure a healthy and beneficial relationship between the States and other tiers of government.
The Nigeria Governors’ Forum was established in 1999 following a multi-party conference of all the 36 democratically elected State Governors. The Nigeria Governors’ Forum is registered under Part C of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, (CAMA), 1990, and also draws its legality from Section 40 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Leadership since Inception
Since inception, the Forum has been chaired by:
1. Alhaji (Dr.) Abdullahi Adamu, Former Governor of Nasarawa State…1999 ― 2004
2. Arc. (Obong) Victor Attah, Former Governor of Akwa Ibom State…… 2004 ― 2006
3. Mr. Lucky Igbinedion, Former Governor of Edo State ……………………2006 ― 2007
4. Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, Former Governor of Kwara State……….2007 ― 2011
5. Rt. Hon. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi, Governor of Rivers State………….2011― date